My kids, like every parents kids, were always beautiful to me. We were blessed with two boys and three girls. Watching them grow up and making there own friends was both exciting and somewhat a wonderment. We lost most of the pictures we had when they were little, but we have a whole lot of wonderful memories.
But this blog entry isn't about our own kids. Its about their and their good friends kids. Thats why I titled it my handsome boys. There was a beautiful little girl in our imediate family but she was only with us for five days when she was called back to heaven. Her twin brother Corey will soon be having his sixth birthday on the 19th of this month.
Our first grandchild was Kellie and Denny,s son Spencer. Aboy who loves school and also loves playing defense on the Union Bank rookie football team. He got lots of tackles this fall and several quarterback sacks. He is the oldest grandchild and will be ten this month.Then comes Colleens boys, Riley 8, Shannon 6 and Corey, soon to be six. These kids are computer smart and also very talented from Wi games to Guitar hero ( Shannon). Corey has been reading for years and could recite the Pledge of Allegence for years. All are doing great in School.
Then there are Dans boys. The oldest Damien started Kindergarten last fall. The first day he flunked recess by climbing the slippery slide the wrong way. A very normal thing to do for little boys. He is doing very good in school and loves it. Next is Raiden. (spelling?) Hopefully can go to pre school next fall. He has dimples that will melt your heart. Last comes Peyton. He is about a year and a half old. He was pretty much attached to his mom, but since she started working nights at Wall Mart he is comfortable with his dad now and is starting to get friendly with grandpa.
Today we were thrilled when we were visited by Leigh and her two boys. Leigh is just like our own She spent about as much time at our house as in her own during her grade school years. We always did and still do consider her one of the family. She has a two year old (Mateo) and a three month old (Jacqueen) I know I blew the spelling on this one. These are Spanish names as Leighs Mother in law came from Spain. These boys I include as my handsome boys.
Two more boys are added to the mix as another of our girls friends has two boys . Griffin and Dalton (I think) She also has a little girl but I would have to look at her blog to remember her name . I think it is Jessalen. Some how in my old age I seem to have memory lapses. Anyway I am so happy to claim all of these children as my family. They are scattered from Nebraska to Michigan to New Mexico to Iowa. I dont get to see them often enough but we have pictures. I hope I have a few healthy years left in me to watch them grow and see what they become.
The best thing about little children is their innocence and their total trust in you. Thats something money cant buy. Thanks God, for providing us with these little ones.
Old Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Junes kids are Griffen. Jesselyn, and Colton. The spelling might not be right but its close.
Old Irish
Mateo and Joaquin are Leigh's little ones. I hear they were adorable and I AM VERY JEALOUS!!!
When do I get to see them? Glad you had a great visit!
Thank you, for including me into your family. :0)
I have been blessed because I know all of you.
God is good, all the time.
We will have to try to stop by too now the next time we are in town!!
Even better - we could meet at Valentinos!!! I am just sure it will be somebodies birthday!!!!
yahoo. Valentino's buffet.....umm umm umm
or - you are welcome to drive to a small town about 2 hours away....IF you bring Valentino's with...
HAHAHAHAHA Just kidding on the very last line.
Let us know when you are in town June and we wil do Val's.
Bob, next time you blog, let me know and I will show you how to work spell check. Just won't work in comments or help you with the kids names.
Great post!
It was wonderful to see you this past week. I am very grateful to be surrounded by people who truly love me regardless of my faults!!
Love,
Leigh
Great post dad!
-Kellie
Post a Comment