I havent been feeling too great lately. Dont know what ails me but have had all kinds of tests to find out and nothing bad shows up. Last Sunday I watched our Grandson Spencer play football. I had watched them practice one hot summer afternoon and came to the conclusion that the coaches were too tough and demanding on the young boys. While waiting for Spencers team to play I realized that all the other coaches were just as demanding as those on Spencers team. I had watched him play last year when he playeddefensive end. He was fabulous at that position, getting many sacks and in on most of the tackles. This year he iz playing Z back, whatever that means. The first time he got the ball he went for about ten yards and a first down. My tired blood suddenly got a burst of energy! Hey, these kids can play football! After the first play when the other team threw a pass for a touchdown on the first try I thought we were in for a long afternoon. Boy was I wrong. Spencers team pretty much shut them down for the rest of the game. I dont remember the exact score but it was 30 something to 8. We intercepted a pass and took it in for one T. D. Spencer made yards every time he carried the ball. All the backs played well. In this league they kick for the extra points and if it goes through the crossbar it counts as two points. No rushing the kicker is allowed.By the time the game was over I felt better than I have for quite some time. I was really proud of my grandson as I was during the baseball season. The boy has a lot of athletic talent. He got those genes from his dad and I hope he got a few of Grandpas genes to boot. I'm looking foreward to the next game. If I can keep sticking out my chest to show my pride in this kid, maybe it will overshadow my extra large tummy.
I'm proud of all our Grandkids but so far This is the only one playing sports where I have a chance to see him. I hope there will be more.
GO RUNZA GOLD!!!!!
Old Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
They'll have to get Spencer into basketball soon. If he fouls out in the first 5 minutes, we'll know he's got some of his Grandpa in him.
Love you and glad to see you posting again!
Good post Grandpa! It was a good game and we had a good time. Next one, 10:30 Sunday morning !!!!
Dad, that was great. I am almost crying! Yes the coaches are tough, but at the end of the day, Spencer is learning that the world is tough! And he takes after Denny, AND you, and his other grandpa! He's a lucky kid to have such a wonderful blend of genes from the pool. It means a lot to Spencer and I that you and grandma support his sports.
Colleen, I am trying to persuade him to try basketball. The season starts in January!
-Kellie
Awesome post - as always!!!!!!!!!
Glad to see something made you feel so good!!!!!
ANYBODY OUT THERE ????????
Post a Comment