Just musing on sounds of music I love. The absolutely prettiest music that makes me happy and sometimes almost cry is the music box chimes of Brahms lullaby played on the intercom all over St. Elizabeth hospital whenever a new baby is born.
One of my favorites from the past is the sounds of a Sanctuary full of priests singing the Litany of the Saints.
The music I miss singing the most is Gregorian Chant.
I enjoyed singing in the choir and singing at High school music contests . Our little school won Superior ratings almost every year at these contests.
I enjoyed singing country western songs and ballads.
While driving Steve and Brian Hiebert up the mountains to Idlewild cabins in California ,the hills and curves would make them Queasy. I sang Alley Oop with them to take their minds off of getting sick.
When Barbara's car was broke down I took her to Hebron a couple times and she loved to listen to me sing along with the radio "countin flowers on the wall" and "these boots were made for walkin".
I still love to sing but too often the flim in my throat seems to interfere.
Other favorite music is the Morman Tabernacle Choir doing the Battle Hymn of the Republic, and of course any good Irish Tenor singing Danny Boy.
Just some thoughts about music that has brought me pleasure in my life time.
Old Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Funny how the men always are the ones to notice the Brahms lullaby in the delivery room. It seems someone always has to point it out to the mother.
I mean really, it's not like she has anything going on that she can't listen for it! (joking)
Four kids, and I never noticed a single one. Maybe they should play them 1/2 hour after the baby is delivered so that the mom can appreciate it, too?
Mom said she dont remember hearing it when she was in the delivery room when Dans boys were born either. Maybe they just play it in the other parts of the Hospital. I always hear it while working out. It's possible that they play it after the Baby is cleaned up and taken to the nursery. It would be heartbreaking if they played it and something went wrong with the birth. It is still the prettiest sound I have ever heard.
Dad
I agree it's pretty. I hear it all the time the next day, or when visiting other patients.
I think they played bells when the twins were born, (somebody mentioned it) and that was the last thing I was listening for, but the next two days I heard them quite a bit.
Music is so awesome. I love how it can just speak to your soul.
I never knew that about you. It is nice to keep learning things.
Thanks for posting.
I like Celtic Christian music...if that is the correct way to say it...a used to have a CD of songs offering praise to Jesus and they were Celtic...it was absolutely beautiful.
I love music, but have never been a collector of music. Sure kinda wish I had an I-Pod though! That way, you can pick and choose songs of different genres. I love classic rock, hip hop, some country, R & B, and even some top 40.
Dad, I remember you singing when we were young. Keep it up. Music is expressing your soul.
One thing I love to hear sometimes when flipping though the channels on TV is on the Catholic Channel. I think what I like is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy? If you know of the correct name Dad, let me know. It's so soothing.
-Kellie
Post a Comment