Now that things are pretty much back to normal I thought I should write something on my blog.First of all I am very grateful to the staff at the Nebraska heart institute Hospital for bringing me back to life after my heart failed to restart after a simple procedure. I dont remember a thing but I know I put my Swedeheart and family through hell. When Bobbie got ahold of Denny so he could get Kellie out there to be with her mom the worst was over. Kellie called some of my family and got on the forum and the prayers started enmasse. I am so glad for the reunion a year ago because the prayers came from not only my immediate family but my extended family and our adopted families. I got calls from Nieces and nephews in three states and expressions of love and prayerful concern from other nieces and nephews on the family forum. Also from our adopted families on this blog. This was so much appreciated by me. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by so much love and concern. When I got home after the pacemaker was installed I went through periods of such peace and contentment and Spiritual well being that I cannot recall ever having before. It still comes and goes. I have always been an emotional person as are many of my siblings. I think it has something to do with my Irish heritage. Every thing that I had always took for granted was somehow beautiful to me. The sky, the trees, the sun ... I felt no malice toward anyone or any thing. It is a wonderful feeling that I hope never leaves me. The pacemaker is working well and I definately feel better. Now if I could just get rid of the stent in my urether that dangles into my bladder and makes me have to go all the time. Two weeks and two days and it's supposed to be removed. I hope that brings the relief that I need. I guess I will take a break till later. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and concern. I love you all and will remember you all in my prayers too.
Old Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Are they going to put you under during your upcoming procedure? Ugg, hope not!
Glad to see your hands have recovered and you're able to type again.
I love you!
Since you have no malice towards anyone, is it safe to tell you I just went shopping on E-Bay???
Glad everything is well.
(even people you didn't know were praying. I started a prayer chain out here after Colleen called - some of them are still asking how it all turned out!!) I will give them an update!!
God is good. All the time.
Those darn family prayers are the reason you got away from me!
THE DEVIL
Bob, I am sure that you remember the last line of the Irish prayer,
"may I already be in heaven before the devil knows I'm dead".
Bob, I am sure that not only the extended family here on earth were praying for you but also the family members in heaven. That is why we celebrate All Saints Day on November 1st.They may be gone from us here, but they have a direct line to Gods ear.
your favorite brother Jerry
Daddio! You will never know how much we all love you!
-Kellie
P.S. Don't tell Uncle Jerry, but I'm kinda fond of him too! He's such a little devil!
June. I appreciate all the prayers you have gathered up for me. Also the prayers Leigh has said for me. You ARE my adopted familys'. Our kids picked good friends. Love you all.
Old Irish.
Post a Comment