Today I drove the truck down town to take care of some business. On my way home the engine stopped on O street. I managed to get it to the curb without power. I put it into park and got it started again. I was almost home when it died again. This time I had a hard time getting it started. I called Bobbie and told her that after I got home I needed to take it to my mechanic. She said I should turn around and take it to him right away. I made it to the Auto Connection at 21st and P which is my mechanics shop. I told him the problem and he drove it into the shop. He said it died on him before he got it in, and he had a hard time getting it started again. I waited while he checked why the "check engine light " was on. He said there were two cam shafts in this particular engine and something was sending one of them a signal to shut down the power. They didn't have time to find the problem so I left it there so they can check it in the morning. I volunteer at the County / City information desk on Thursdays so if they can find and fix the problem by 11.00 a.m. I can have Shannon drop me off to pick it up. Otherwise I will have her drop me off at the C/C bldg. and figure out how to pick it up later. I called home to have Shannon pick me up at the Auto Connection. Bobbie wanted to know the address. I said 21st and P. No she said, whats the address of the shop. 21st and P I repeated. She insisted there had to be a numbered address and Shannon needed that to use her GPS to find where I was at. This is technology gone beserk. P street is one block north of O street. The east/west streets are numbered. I couldn't figure what the problem was. I stood out side and her GPS brought her to 21st and P no problem. As we drove home this GPS continually told her ; turn right here, turn left here, continue for 2.7 miles, Turn left, turn right, turn left, until it came to our house. It didn't tell her to turn into the drive way. I fully expected it to tell her to open the garage door, pull in the garage, turn the ignition key to off and get out of the car. We have one of these little gems ourselves and I'm sure it will come in handy when Shannon and Kevin move to San Antonio. I'm still learning on this computer and probably wont have it mastered in my lifetime. Adding a GPS to my to learn list might be more than this 72 year old brain can absorb. Ahhhhh technology!!!!
Old Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have to agree... technology shouldn't be necessary to find 21st and P... well, it would help you navigate the one-way streets, especially if you were navagationally challanged.
I'm not saying Shannon is navagationally challanged but... well, yes I am.
Sorry about the truck!
I am sooo glad this was about a truck - when the first sentence started off with something about doing your business, I thought...well....
anyway....
and since I am being naughty today (feel free to delete my post) we had a gal bring her gps thing along on a car trip we took recently and by the end of the trip we had wanted to throw the thingy down her throat, and we named it (not her) the "car B!#tch"
I hope you have better luck with yours in TX!!!
Good one dad. I too am suprised that it didn't take Shannon into the driveway!
-Kellie
It didn't say to turn in to the 'driveway,' it said, "arrive at destination on right."
Which, even for the navigationally challanged, is pretty simple to understand.
Post a Comment