Sunday, March 30, 2008
Hugs
There is nothing more pleasing to me then giving or receiving Hugs. Whether its from grand kids ,kids, siblings, in laws, Nieces and nephews, my spouse, or good friends. To me a hug expresses love and respect for the hugee.It is not unmanly to me to hug a brother or a father.My parents hugged me when I went away to school and when I left to join the marines. They hugged me when I returned home. Some people, when they reach a certain age think they are too old for hugs. They don't know what they are missing. I remember a niece I had never met gave me a hug like she had known me all my life. When I told her later that evening that she was my favorite niece she saw through the Blarney and said : Uncle Bob, You just want another hug! She was right. I like hugs. There is no better sign of peace to a family member than a hug. I think most of us at sometime in our lives have experienced danger, on the highway, in bad weather, in wars or other ways. We always say someone was watching out for us. I think our Guardian angels or the Lord Himself was hugging us in those perilous times. If there were more hugs the world would be a far better place. At Disney world we met a Chinese lady and her young son and her mother and mother in law. She was a college teacher in Ohio. Her mother held her umbrella over my head as we waited for the bus. Orientals are very polite and usually bow to each other and people they meet. The last time we saw them, we had pictures taken with each other and when we parted we gave each other hugs. Hugging is International! If you get a chance, HUG SOMEONE! Old Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My comment last night didn't work!
Anyway, it looks like somebody had some grandkids over yesterday and somebody got lots of hugs? If I'm right, you'll be getting even more today!
Love ya,
Colleen
The sad thing about blogs is that they don't write themselves. Do you need inspiration, Grandpa?
OMG, I thought I just lost your entire sidebar!!! No more messing with your site!
Colleen
Okay, Dad. By 10:00 tonight I expect to read, on your blog, the story of how you said a bad word and you're mom called your friend's mom.
Or, here's some intro's, you finish them:
The stupidest thing I've ever done is..
The stupidest thing my siblings have done is...
My dad used to say...
My mom used to make...
We were so poor I never...
Now that I have grandchildren I...
Things I could have done today, but I was too busy napping...
Don't squeeze the Charmin because...
Now. Think for a few minutes and type. It won't type itself!
Goodness, he doen't even read his own blog...
It's worse than I thought.
Old Irish - I'm impressed with your talent. Now for a quiz : How many of your siblings got hugs from mom or dad? I can't remember ever getting a hug from either of them. Husband wasn't any better ! But i made up for it with great kids and some very special people in my life. Hugs are life !! -herself
Post a Comment