Friday, April 4, 2008

Nagged into posting again!

My daughter seems to think I can just sit at the computer and all sorts of things will come into my mind to write about. There were times when I could. But something like old age seems to be interfering with my usually sharp, creative, spontaneous mind.I used to write ad's for my bar that were usually humorous. One day the bankers wife who had been appointed State Senator by the Governor and usually stopped in to buy a six pack of beer once a week told me to put into my ad;" Purveyor to the Senator". The next time she came in I told her I had sent in the ad. Then, I asked her, " How do you spell pervert?" She came unglued and gasped, "You didn't !" I had her going for a while before I told her the truth. I was known as crazy Bob around there. She called me Demented Robert. Well maybe now that I've started I can keep it going.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippie! Exactly the stuff you need to write, old man! (I mean Old Irish!)

You forgot to mention that I was your only child that was 'saluted,' for being ranked first in 25 yd freestyle, and that I made a fool out of you by coming in third at the big meet.

One of the many reasons (along with the blog nagging,) that I am not your favorite child.

Love,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Great, looking forward to reading your next post... Maybe in a week or so?

JunesHGP said...

I love reading your blog - I am learning things about you I never knew!! (And you make me laugh) Keep up the good work!!